PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Baby Shower Gift Set

I'm going to my first ever baby shower for my cousin's first child. I wanted to make a special gift and found this wonderful gift set tutorial. It was really easy especially for me since I had absolutely no experience in making items for babies.


I used a Butterfly Princess Fabric and binded it with a beautiful cream dots fabric. It has plush pink minky on one side and I also added a layer of batting for stability.  Then I added my own personalized hang tag.


The burp cloths were crafted from both fabrics and a pink terry cloth fabric on the back. I also added batting to make it thicker but it didn't really need it.


I made 2 bibs since I loved these.  I did add some pockets on the bottom because I had extra fabric. Instead of velcro I used pearl snap buttons. Terry cloth is on the other side but no batting as I didn't want it to be too thick.


I appliqued the onesie with a bird cut from the polka dot material.


I  just put it all in a gift basket, added a couple of toys, and have a complete personalized handmade gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment