PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apron Chic

There was a time when I wanted a modern and stylish apron, and everyone I knew wanted one for themselves as well. So I drafted a pattern and proceeded to gather my favorite fabrics. I started off with a hot pink daisy apron for one of my sisters with a matching pot holder. It has a flange bottom, cute pockets with bow, and lace trim. She loved it.


I was commissioned again when a different sister wanted a Christmas Apron so I used the same pattern and added rick rack. Another one is available in my store as well.


Then my friend too, of course, wanted one.  I still don't know how she knew about my apron making. She provided this lovely fabric and I added a waistline. Eyelet fabric made the straps and trimmed the inside of the pockets.


This one I gave to my aunt. I was making it for me but she pulled me aside one day and whispered..."you'll make me an apron too, right?" I agreed, but then she made me promise her so I gave her the one that I just finished. It was a beautiful Robert Kaufman cupcake fabric with eyelet trim and, my favorite, pockets.


I drafted a slightly different pattern keeping the popular flange at the bottom, this time adding bias tape around a lovely Loralie Designs Eiffel Tower fabric. This was to be for me finally, although a lady in my Mom's boutique saw it and promptly bought it. Alas, I will have one for me one day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment